At RCS we have a School Council. It is made up of 8 pupils from Year 6 and a Class Representative for each year group from Nursery to Year 5 (from Spring term onwards for Reception and from summer term for Nursery.) The Class Representatives are changed termly.
|Autumn Term Class Reps|
|Year 1: Alysia Barras|
|Year 2: Alan Bedzzyk|
|Year 3: Olivia Stephens|
|Year 4: Indiana Dinham|
|Year 5: Tiffany Kwasau|
The School Council members can be identified as they wear badges. We also have a display of their photographs and names in both the Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 building. The children are voted in by other children in the school.
School Council 2015 – 2016
|School Council Representatives|
|Sarah Maureen Donor-Solomon|
Aims of the School Council
- Help improve our school
- Help improve the lives of others in the local community
- Help improve the lives of others across the world
- Ensure children have a say in the running of their school
School Council Expectations
- Wear correct school uniform
- Demonstrate good behaviour, manners and be polite at all times
- Show enthusiasm and get involved in school activities
- Be punctual at school and keep attendance good
- Be sensitive to other people’s feelings and act on things told to you maturely
What does the School Council do?
The School Council meet every other week and discuss issues related to the aims. They make decisions about fund raising and how money raised can be spent.
Events in this academic year 2015 – 2016:
1) Person From the Past: Money raised £182 towards the Children in Need appeal.
|Events in the past have been:||2014 – 2016
Nepalese Earthquake fund: Muftiday 191.25
Children in Need day – Friday 14th November
Children were asked to come to school dressed in yellow or spots or as Pudsey Bear. Money raised £162
Dress up as a filmstar/celebrity. Money raised £169
In the Past:
Rainbow clothes mufti day
Wear it pink mufti day
Pyjama/dressing gown/onesie/slippers mufti day
Back to front day
Weirdest hairstyle day
Talent show/Roehampton’s Got Talent show
Staff verses School Council netball Match
Teacher/pupil swap day
|Events in the past have included supporting:||Red Nose Day
Children in Need
British Red Cross
Blue Peter Shoe Biz appeal
Pakistan flood Appeal
Healthy Tuck Shop
The School Council also run a Healthy Tuck Shop in KS2 where children can buy fruit for their morning snack. Each item costs 20p.